Definition of ENCYNET
ENCYNET is an acronym of the Cyber Environment Network of World Local Governments. It is a consultative body of the world's local governments in order to take a leading role to tackle global environmental issues and for conservation of the environment. ENCYNET also refers to the Internet services operated by this consultative body.
• What information ENCYNET collects and why ENCYNET collects it.
• How ENCYNET uses that information.
• The choices that ENCYNET offers.
Information we collect
We, ENCYNET, collect various pieces of information to provide better services to all of the ENCYNET users - from basic information, such as languages that you speak, to online messages that you exchanged with other users.
ENCYNET collects information in two ways:
• Information users give us. For example, many of ENCYNET services require users to sign up for an ENCYNET account. When you sign up, we collect your personal information as below:
• Full name
• E-mail address
• Telephone number
• Region (country)
• Organization (name, etc.)
• Information that we get from your use of our services. We, ENCYNET, may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them via ENCYNET, such as the date and time of your visit to a website or viewing our content, and the information below.
• Internet protocol address
• Information that you gave us while using an ENCYNET website, such as search queries.
• Devide event information such as, crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
• Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser and your ENCYNET Account.
How we uses information we collect
We, ENCYNET, use the collected information from all our services to provide, maintain, protect, and improve the services to develop new services, and to protect ENCYNET and ENCYNET users. If other users already have your e-mail address or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible ENCYNET Profile information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact us for questions/inquires, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your e-mail address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes and improvements.
Information ENCYNET shares
We, ENCYNET, do not share personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of ENCYNET unless one of the following circumstances apply:
• With your consent
We, ENCYNET, will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of ENCYNET when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
• With domain administrators
If your ENCYNET Account is managed by a domain manager (for example, for ENCYNET Apps users) on behalf of you, then your domain administrator who provides user support to your organization will have access to your ENCYNET Account information (including your e-mail and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
◦ view statistics regarding your account.
◦ change your account password.
◦ suspend or terminate your account access.
◦ access or retain information stored as part of your account.
◦ receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
◦ restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
• For external processing
• For legal reasons
We, ENCYNET, will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of ENCYNET if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
◦ meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
◦ detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
◦ protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ENCYNET, ENCYNET users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We, ENCYNET, work hard to protect ENCYNET and ENCYNET users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. In particular:
• We offer you two step verification when you access your ENCYNET Account, and a Safe Browsing feature in ENCYNET Chrome.
• We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
• We restrict access to personal information to ENCYNET employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
ⓒ Cyber Environment Network and Forum of International Youth