Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 (Purpose)
Article 2 (Scope and Change of Terms)
Article 3 (Rule of Enforcement)
Article 4 (Definition of Terminologies)
1. "ENCYNET" refers to the website operated by the Cyber Environment Network of World Local Governments.
2. "Users" refers persons who use the Service regardless of their membership status.
3. "Member" refers to a person endowed with an ID upon joining the membership and who has access to member-only services provided by the ENCYNET.
4. "Non-member" refers to a person who uses the Service without signing up for the membership.
5. "Member ID" refers to an e-mail address provided by users upon signing up for the membership. It is used for identification of the membership status of users and to have access to the Service, including member-only services.
6. "Password" refers to a combination of letters and numbers selected by a member for the protection of his/her personal information. It is a character string and used to verify the authenticity of the right to access the Service of ENCYNET.
Chapter 2 Subscription and Termination of the Membership
Article 5 (Subscription)
Article 6 (Application for Membership)
Applicants shall complete and submit the official Application for Membership form provided by the ENCYNET, via online, to apply for the membership.
Article 7 (Approval for Subscription)
In principle, the ENCYNET membership is granted to all applicants unless they have provided false information or omission or misdescription.
Article 8 (Revision of Personal Information)
Members may check and revise their personal information kept by the ENCYNET, at any time, through the Update Profile management screen or by sending an e-mail to the ENCYNET with details of the personal information required for revision.
Article 8-1 (Suspension and Forfeiture of the Membership)
Under each of the following circumstances, the ENCYNET may restrict, suspend or cancel the membership of the person concerned, without prior notice.
1. Unauthorized use of other person's e-mail and password;
2. Deliberate disturbance of the order in operation of the Service;
3. Provision of false information to join the membership;
4. Failed contact, via e-mail, due to unnotified changes of basic information in the Member Profile;
5. Duplicated membership of a user by using a different e-mail address;
6. Dissemination of information that goes against the public order and long-established social customs;
7. Defamation of a specific individual, organization or country, thus causing harm to others;
8. Perpetration of any act intented to disturb the Service, including spreading a computer virus;
Chapter 3 Use of Services
Article 9 (Use of Services)
The ENCYNET shall provide the Service around the clock, except when there is a need to suspend or stop the Service, either partially or wholly, due to an operational or technical problem, and the days designated by the ENCYNET for the maintenance of the network such as a routine check.
The ENCYNET members shall have access to all services provided by the ENCYNET, except a certain type of service such as, video conference, downloading contents, and posting, etc., of which, access may be restricted. The ENCYNET may authorize access to such services when it is deemed necessary.
Article 10 (Management of Member ID and Password)
① Members shall be responsible for the management of their member IDs and passwords.
② Members shall be solely responsible for any damage caused by negligence on the part of the user or a third party's fraudulent use of their member IDs and passwords.
③ Members shall ensure to inform the ENCYNET operator of any fraudulent and unauthorized use of their member IDs.
Article 11 (Management of Content Posting Services)
① ENCYNET users are not allowed posting any one of the following. In accordance with Article 8-1 (Suspension and Forfeiture of the Membership above, the ENCYNET and its operator reserve the right to delete what is put up on the Service, without prior notification.
1. Content in violation of national safety and security;
2. Content related to an election, political purpose and orientation;
3. Content that contains groundless Condemnation of a specific institution, organization, and departmental unit;
4. Content that causes concerns of potential slander and defamation of a specific individual;
5. Content that contains commercial advertisements and causes concerns of a potential infringement of the ENCYNET's, or a third party’s, intellectual property rights;
6. Use of obscene or violent messages, images, or voice, or putting up of information that violates long-established social customs on the Service;
7. Use of non real name, or if it is considered the case of using non real name, when the use of real name is required;
8. Repeated posting of the same content, by the same person, for two (2) or more times per week, or a similar content for two (2) or more times per day;
9. Content for training purposes, mischievous contents, mistakes and errors;
10. Potential and actual violation of other relevant laws and regulations.
② ENCYNET users shall be responsible for posting all contents accurately and properly, for any problems arising from their posting of the contents.
Article 12 (Duties and Responsibilities of the ENCYNET)
① The ENCYNET shall do its best to provide the Service stably and uninterruptedly.
② The ENCYNET shall ensure a prompt recovery of a system in the event of problems occur in its equipment to provide the Service.
③ The ENCYNET may verify members' real names via telephone or e-mail or
mail; however, it will not reveal or disclose the members' personal information to a third party without obtaining their prior consent.
④ The ENCYNET shall notify of any changes and additions to the Service via online.
⑤ The ENCYNET may disclose the result after reviewing the personal information of particular members when it is necessary to check whether all information is not in violation of Article 10 above.
Article 13 (Duties and Responsibilities of Users)
① Users shall observe the provisions herein, as well as the laws and regulations associated with the ENCYNET, including other regulations, user guide, and matters that require attention.
② Members shall not transfer their right to use the Service, or their status related to the Service use contract, to a third party; nor shall they offer what is stated in the foregoing sentence as collateral.
Chapter 4 Copyright
Article 14 (Rights and Responsibilities for Contents)
The rights and responsibilities for contents, posted and used in the Service through the ENCYNET, belong to one of the following:
1. All posted contents on the ENCYNET shall not be used for commercial purposes.
2. Users who posted contents have the rights and responsibilities for the posted contents in the Service. However, the ENCYNET may use users' posted contents in the Service, without their prior consent, for non-commercial purposes. If it is for commercial purposes, the ENCYNET is required to obtain a prior consent from the user who posted the relevant content in the Service.
3. The ENCYNET shall not be responsible for the reliability and accuracy of users' posted contents in the Service, and for use of the contents by a third party user, for commercial purposes.
4. Unauthorized or illegal reproduction and/or distribution of the contents posted in the Service of ENCYNET, shall be punished by the copyright law, unless prior consent from the ENCYNET is obtained.
Chapter 5 Subscription Fee and User Fee
Article 15 (Subscription Fee and User Fee)
The subscription fee and user fee are free.
Chapter 6 Prohibition of Objections and Indemnity Claim
Article 16 (Prohibition of Objections)
Users shall be prohibited from raising any objections or civil complaints of problems arising from the use of the Service, provided by the ENCYNET.
Article 17 (Prohibition of Indemnity Claim)
Users shall be prohibited from making any indemnity claims against the ENCYNET for problems that might occur while using the Service of the ENCYNET. The ENCYNET shall not be held responsible for such problems and thus, shall be released from any indemnity claims.
Definition of ENCYNET
ENCYNET is an acronym of the Cyber Environment Network of World Local Governments. It is a consultative body of the world's local governments in order to take a leading role to tackle global environmental issues and for conservation of the environment. ENCYNET also refers to the Internet services operated by this consultative body.
• What information ENCYNET collects and why ENCYNET collects it.
• How ENCYNET uses that information.
• The choices that ENCYNET offers.
Information we collect
We, ENCYNET, collect various pieces of information to provide better services to all of the ENCYNET users - from basic information, such as languages that you speak, to online messages that you exchanged with other users.
ENCYNET collects information in two ways:
• Information users give us. For example, many of ENCYNET services require users to sign up for an ENCYNET account. When you sign up, we collect your personal information as below:
• Full name
• E-mail address
• Telephone number
• Region (country)
• Organization (name, etc.)
• Information that we get from your use of our services. We, ENCYNET, may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them via ENCYNET, such as the date and time of your visit to a website or viewing our content, and the information below.
• Internet protocol address
• Information that you gave us while using an ENCYNET website, such as search queries.
• Devide event information such as, crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
• Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser and your ENCYNET Account.
How we uses information we collect
We, ENCYNET, use the collected information from all our services to provide, maintain, protect, and improve the services to develop new services, and to protect ENCYNET and ENCYNET users. If other users already have your e-mail address or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible ENCYNET Profile information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact us for questions/inquires, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your e-mail address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes and improvements.
Information ENCYNET shares
We, ENCYNET, do not share personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of ENCYNET unless one of the following circumstances apply:
• With your consent
We, ENCYNET, will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of ENCYNET when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
• With domain administrators
If your ENCYNET Account is managed by a domain manager (for example, for ENCYNET Apps users) on behalf of you, then your domain administrator who provides user support to your organization will have access to your ENCYNET Account information (including your e-mail and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
◦ view statistics regarding your account.
◦ change your account password.
◦ suspend or terminate your account access.
◦ access or retain information stored as part of your account.
◦ receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
◦ restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
• For external processing
• For legal reasons
We, ENCYNET, will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of ENCYNET if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
◦ meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
◦ detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
◦ protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ENCYNET, ENCYNET users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We, ENCYNET, work hard to protect ENCYNET and ENCYNET users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. In particular:
• We offer you two step verification when you access your ENCYNET Account, and a Safe Browsing feature in ENCYNET Chrome.
• We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
• We restrict access to personal information to ENCYNET employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
ⓒ Cyber Environment Network and Forum of International Youth